Tuesday 10 August 2010

Never Again With Ruth Badger (Apprentice)


Never Again With Ruth Badger (Apprentice)

Never try to launch a business whiles you have so many other things going on because a business  really needs a lot of time, attention and focus in the first ix months in order to get it launched. Now my business launched with a a success but only because I worked 24/7. 

Never buy too much stock. In my office there is stock of printed stationary of 2006. I’m a very commercial woman, instead of actually going out there and ordering what I needed in order to keep the cost down. I ordered thousands and thousands of bloody letter heads and compliments slips from 2006 its now 2009. They have all my old address on and I’ve moved offices twice since then. So we use it as scrap paper now. What a waste o money 

Never take staff that are readily available – When I launched my business I took staff that were readily available in order to recruit. Instead of actually taking the time, again this is a time issue. I sought of made a knee jerk reaction with my staff. Which means in the long term two of them I got rid of and replaced and one of them took a lot of time management. So they actually took resources they wouldn’t have taken if I had made the right decisions in the first place. 

Never bank with just any bank. I would have been more picky about who I bank with. I actually still with the same bank but I put a majority of my money else where. When I actually sat down with my strategy, I wrote down simple list of things I needed to do. And went into the comfort zone of banking privately instead of looking commercially across to see who has the best deals and what they would actually offer me. 

Never launch with a bog standard website. What I actually did is went out there with a bog standard brochure website. And if I would have had the time again, I would have invested more time getting closer to my web because obviously website activity is massive.

            www.ruthbadgeracademy.com

            Log onto www.insidesuccess.co.uk for full interview




            No comments:

            Post a Comment